Wednesday, 12 October 2011

The Liebster Blog Award - Moi? Really?

Now I've gone and done it.  I've only won an award for my erm attempts at writing. I've only been blogging 5 minutes - how did this happen? And who is Liebster anyway? I googled you but all I could find was an epidemic of other Liebster award winners. Where are you hiding Liebster? I know you're up to something ....Why the anonymity? Are you really Charlie from Charlie's Angels? Been out of work a long time haven't we eh?

So anyway this award is really, really very cool.  What are the Liebster Club rules? There are no rules.  Only kidding ..... here they are:

Leibster Award Rules
1. Thank my Liebster Blog Award presenter (s) on my blog
2. Link back to the blogger (s) who awarded you
3. Copy & paste the award to your blog
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award
5. Let them know of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog

Finally, try to pass the award on to blogs that are fairly new and have less than 200 followers.

Drum roll please ........ Firstly I would like to thank the wonderful Love in the Nest and Bling Buoy for bestowing this award upon me and for taking the trouble to read and enjoy my blog. Big thank you !!!! Sniff. Cue Gwyneth Paltrow histrionics.  It's actually really nice to know my words aren't just randomly floating about unnoticed in cyberspace. Bottom lip wobbles uncontrollably.  Need a tissue. NOW.

Now Liebster I'd like to present the award to, if you don't mind, 6 worthy bloggers.....
  1. Caught Writing: This lovely lady has been such a support to me during my first tentative outings in blogland. She also writes a very eloquent post about well everything. I also really enjoy her book reviews.
  2. Flossing the Cat: For writing really dry, sarky, witty, funny blogs which really make my week.  I salute you. My Gwyneth 'effing' Paltrow histrionics are coming atch ya.
  3. .....And PND Makes Three: I really like the way this lady writes about her experiences of PND. Honest, brave, she really breathes life into this horrid illness.  Women like you make the world a much safer place to just be ourselves without fear and shame.
  4. Minibreak Mummy: Came across this lady in Love New Blogs this week.  Sat shaking my head at her top worst five jobs. Great writer.  Looking forward to reading a lot more.
  5. Comfyslippersandlittlenippers: Apart from the fact that she was the first kind person to leave the first comment, that wasn't spam, on my blog, I really enjoy her writing. Flowing, funny and imaginative. Send some of your writing to Love New Blogs !!!
  6. Older Single Mum: For her beautifully written, witty, and very creative posts. She has some thing really important to say about the stereotype of single mums.
And there we have it .......

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations you! You totally deserve it.

    I shall now go off and write my acceptance speech, which like yours, shall be a blubber-fest of tears, snot and body convulsions! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased to be on your list of award winners! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, and actually, congratulations again too. I don't know if you've seen yet, but I've also tagged you for The Versatile Blogger award! You popular lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I've finally won something and how nice it is that it is for something that I really enjoy doing. Well done to you too. Now with my very un-techy brain I will try to work out how I go about thanking you and passing the Award on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry if I've replied twice. I thought I had responded but nothing has come up on your page. Am so very excited to win an Award, have never won anything remotely interesting and to win an award for doing something I really enjoy is just fab. Well done to you too, love "kiss and make up" - I can so relate both on the "off" days and on the stubborn midrift that has become too attached to my body. Will now go off and try to figure out with my non-techy brain how to copy and past and link...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't realise my thank you hadn't come up here. Thank you very much my dear! Much appreciated. Can't think of anyone more deserving than you. Will look forward to passing on the baton.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...