But first a random picture of my anatomy. Can you notice something odd, something almost extraordinary about these feet? No, it isn't the # tag sloping off the left foot or the blue smudged graffiti. Taker a closer look. Can you see it? If you observe the two toes beside the big toe on each foot you will notice they are joined. Yes, joined. I have four co-dependent toes. A two digit conurbation on both feet, merged in harmony, but with no separate identity of their own because THEY ARE JOINED. YOU FREAK OF NATURE. Run podiatrist run for your life. You see whilst I was an amorphous blob in utero both pairs of toes met over some cocktails at the gene pool party, very good soiree I am told, fell in love instantly and haven't separated since. Nope. No sureee. No chance of a decree nisi or a sordid toe swap here. Joined in happy union. <Sigh>. Now here comes that frustrating line from the Serenity Prayer ..... accept what you cannot change. Shrugs shoulders deflatedly. I accept my size 5 webbed feet and will write this on the blackboard a hundred times.
Where did these tootsies come from? Neither my parents or brothers posses them. I've studied my family tree and couldn't find any ducks. Apparently these toes are inherited from my great, great grandfather on my mother's side. Couldn't they have skipped a generation or two? T'was on holiday in Cornwall at the delicate age of 13 that I noticed my feet looked different to those paddling in the sea nearby. I have no idea why I hadn't noticed before. Maybes because I was at that awkward transient stage of girl/teenager/woman and with that an acutely more self conscious awareness of my physical idiosyncrasies.
But there are some advantages to my webbed feet. Firstly I've got good balance. Secondly I can swim. And finally they are potentially life saving as there is no chance of drowning when the ice caps melt and the River Thames engulfs greater London. But after speaking of my feet in quite a disparaging way I have to confess to being rather fond of them. They are totally unique, eccentric, and make me smile. So world I present to you my ....... #grooving toes.
#grooving list I haven't made many in roads yet and find myself internally flogging myself with said parental hammer. But on a positive note I have reread my charter each day so that it locks itself in my mind. This should help the process of manifesting my intent. Here are a couple of things I have done though ......
1. I injected a little spontaneity and fun into my routined life by taking part in Mammasaurus' What? Wednesday meme. Made me feel like a naughty school girl again and I loved the mischievous energy it constellated in me.
2. I often forget to apply my lotions and potions because I am (a) too busy with Little A in the mornings and then (b) too tired in the evening that I can't even be bothered to wash my face before I go to bed. So I've been taking care to follow my
3. Last night I relaxed and enjoyed lots of guilty pleasure TV. I watched episode after episode of How I Met Your Mother rounded off by an installment of True Blood. I love True Blood. I just lose myself in its fantasy world of seductive vampires, witches and warepanthers (!?), and have to say that Stephen Moyer (vampire Bill) is very easy on the eye.
4. Today, after dropping Little A off at her childminders, I went directly to Tesco and treated myself to a custard danish. Now this isn't going in the direction of a healthier diet but it felt great rewarding myself with a scrummy breakfast.
5. I am acutely aware I'm experiencing blogging overload. I have subscribed to a number of great reads but now find myself daily inundated with a sea of new posts in my inbox. I want to read them all and leave thoughtful comments but I just haven't the time. Additionally any free moment I have seems to be spent on my PC either blogging or adding new content to Older Mum. I'm putting myself under an inordinate amount of pressure to do stuff. Blogging is meant to be a hobby not a burden. I need to structure my time. I could take a leaf from Purple Mum's brilliant organising skills and get myself a white board!
How do you organise your blogging time? How much time do you portion to reading other blogs? I would really like to know ......