Monday, 6 February 2012

Britmums Live 2012 Meet And Greet

In 2009  I committed to marrying and spending my life with Younger Dad.

In 2010 I made a commitment to a then new born Little A to be her mummy until the day I'm baked in a crematorium oven and my ashes scattered over some unsuspecting shrubbery.

For some bizarre reason I'm now thinking of the Blue Peter garden. Does it still exist? They buried a dog there didn't they? Was it Petra or Shep? I wonder if its spectre haunts the corridors of the BBC in search of a final 'get down' from John Noakes and one last studio canteen doggy dinner? Walk towards the light ghost dog, where an eternity of Pedigree Chum and Blue Peter Gold Badge awaits you ........

That was random.

Anyways in 2011 I started a blog.

Then in 2012 I committed to going to Britmums Live.

I'm rather nervous; this is my first blogging conference EVER.

Please be gentle. I have a nice smile!

Name: Older Mum

Blog: Older Mum (In a Muddle) AND Older Mum - A Supportive Resource for Mothers Over 35

Twitter ID: @older_mum
Facebook: www.facebook.com/oldermum

Height: 5ft nothing - I was the smallest in my class but still reassuringly taller than the Pontipines.

Hair: A shoulder length mess of mousy brown, darker brown, hints of blond interspersed with flecks of silver. The silver is winning. Praise be hair dyes.

Eyes: Blue - no messin!

Likes: Custard, chi lattes, pug dogs, most exports from HBO (Lost, In Treatment, True Blood), hot baths, face creams, earl grey tea, cake, psychology, Mr Pontipine's moustache, fresh air, tai chi and yoga (when I can be bothered).

Dislikes: Intolerance and ignorance of mental illness, rudeness, marmite (meconiam in a jar), bin juice, the Wottingers, and Baby Jake - goggy-gi-ya!

I wont be coming in a swimming costume!

Ps. The Blue Peter Garden does still exist but now resides on top of a television studios roof in Manchester. Cant imagine it'll have an Italian sunken garden. Thankyou Wikipedia.

I’m going to BritMums Live

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the marmite... more of a vegemite girl myself ;)

    How exciting that you are going to Britmums Live! I've never been to a blogging conference. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...