Thursday, 22 March 2012

I Know I'm In Need Of Remodelling When ...

I was going to have time out from writing today BUT THEN I read Older Single 'Grumpy' Mum's latest offering. AND THEN I found myself lured like a toddler to ice cream into eagerly participating in this weeks Listography theme from KateTake 5.

Guess I will have that break tomorrow evening.


I know I'm In Need Of Remodelling When ...

  • I'm still wearing the same Mothercare M2B tops two years after the pregnancy. The sleeves have breeding holes and not even a jack hammer could drill through the armpits.


M2B - Now with holes


  • I realise I haven't had a hair cut in a year. My usual hairdresser left and I still haven't gotten around to trying out someone new. I loathe having to re-explain how my barnet needs styling. Will a new hairdresser get it right? I evidently have trust issues. My once coiffured shoulder length layered bob has considerably outgrown itself and is now held together in a 24 hour pony tail type knot at the back. Yes, even when I'm asleep. I tried a lob sided ponytail the other day, daring to be that little bit left field, and it just looked laughingly absurd. I had to sternly remind myself I am 41 not 18. Disconcertingly, there are always fuzzy strands that ethereally float like they are being pulled to either one of the magnetic poles on both sides of my head. I really need that haircut!

  • I need to dye my hair every six weeks. I shrieked when I discovered my first silver hair aged 24. It was promptly yanked out. I now have Dickie Davies silver surfboards growing without respite on either side of my face and forehead. Thank goodness for Daniel Fields Shade 7 natural darkest blond or my face would be austerely lined with battleship grey. Not a distinguished look. Additionally, I now have an abundance of silver stragglers growing cress like from my crown.
Dickie Davies - Remember him?

  • The Pendulati, my breasts, are still being held up by very off white nursing bras. Okay I did breastfeed for two years and have only just finished the lactating marathon. But still the combination of old nursing tops and misshapen bras mean I would look rather fetching in a charity shop window.  

  • Worryingly, I've started fantasising about shopping trips with Gok Wan.  


Your bangers are in a muddle Older Mum 


 Like a long lost friend, the Westfield Centre beckons me with open arms.

18 comments:

  1. Darling, you need remodelling! LOL XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! And now Summer is on its way and I seriously need some new clothes!

      Delete
  2. This post really made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I brightened up your day!

      Delete
  3. Embrace the challenge! Am with you on the grey. I recently said to my husband..shall I just go grey..after a prolonged period away from the dye and him pointing out just how many grey strands there were (thanks.). A very strong NO came back. Need to book myself in for some serious recolouring too.

    I am sure you can find a whole new you at Westfield. And if you go on a Thursday..well, you might even bump into me there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I shall especially now that Spring has sprung! Having blondish hair does make the greys easier to cover but still very annoying.

      Delete
  4. I wish I couldn't identify with all of this but I so can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I'm really bad about having my hair cut, last week my mum took pity on me and cut it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I really do need to get my hair sorted!

      Delete
  6. The Pendulati! Perfect description. Yes, I should join in with this one, but apart from the grey hair, I only have one reason to remodel, and that is that nothing fits me any more except my old shell suit! Time to lose weight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that chestnut, I need to lose weight too!

      Delete
  7. I would LOVE to go shopping with Gok Wan... his love of fashion would totally inspire me to look awesome every single day, even on the school run. You would have to find a new hairdresser to match your new look though... how sad that you lost yours. The good ones are GOLD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! When I find a good hairdresser, I stay with them for as long as I can.

      Delete
  8. I could have written this post a few months ago, I have started making sure I go to the hairdressers every 8 weeks (I discovered if I book it on the spot on the day I am having my hair done, I get a 25% off voucher for the next session, major bonus). Just last week I paid Bravissimo a visit and I have half emptied my wardrobe, put it in bags and took it to the charity shop, so either I forced myself to buy clothes in my new (rather larger) size instead of hoping to lose weight or I wouldn't have much to wear.

    Have you met @ChelseaMamma and @ljbarton? We have all been fantasising about a Gok Wan makeover on Twitter. We keep on dreaming... in the meantime Kara and I did the iStylista review, it was good insight, I have a comp on my blog if you fancy winning your own style guide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Great comment - I think I need to do what you did - throw everything into a bag, charity shop, and then start over! But where to start??? Will check your comp out, and follow your twitter contacts!

      Delete
  9. Ha ha. Only just read this and it was a bit like looking in a magic blogging mirror. Grey streaks: check. Year old hair (nearly): check. Still wearing grotty breastfeeding tops: check. Can't lay claim to pendulati though (never enough in the first place) or to Gok Fantaises...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently on a mission to rebuild myself .... so far raincoats have been purchased and yesterday I DYED MY HAIR!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...