Guess I will have that break tomorrow evening.
I know I'm In Need Of Remodelling When ...
- I'm still wearing the same Mothercare M2B tops two years after the pregnancy. The sleeves have breeding holes and not even a jack hammer could drill through the armpits.
|M2B - Now with holes|
- I realise I haven't had a hair cut in a year. My usual hairdresser left and I still haven't gotten around to trying out someone new. I loathe having to re-explain how my barnet needs styling. Will a new hairdresser get it right? I evidently have trust issues. My once coiffured shoulder length layered bob has considerably outgrown itself and is now held together in a 24 hour pony tail type knot at the back. Yes, even when I'm asleep. I tried a lob sided ponytail the other day, daring to be that little bit left field, and it just looked laughingly absurd. I had to sternly remind myself I am 41 not 18. Disconcertingly, there are always fuzzy strands that ethereally float like they are being pulled to either one of the magnetic poles on both sides of my head. I really need that haircut!
- I need to dye my hair every six weeks. I shrieked when I discovered my first silver hair aged 24. It was promptly yanked out. I now have Dickie Davies silver surfboards growing without respite on either side of my face and forehead. Thank goodness for Daniel Fields Shade 7 natural darkest blond or my face would be austerely lined with battleship grey. Not a distinguished look. Additionally, I now have an abundance of silver stragglers growing cress like from my crown.
|Dickie Davies - Remember him?|
- The Pendulati, my breasts, are still being held up by very off white nursing bras. Okay I did breastfeed for two years and have only just finished the lactating marathon. But still the combination of old nursing tops and misshapen bras mean I would look rather fetching in a charity shop window.
- Worryingly, I've started fantasising about shopping trips with Gok Wan.
|Your bangers are in a muddle Older Mum|
Like a long lost friend, the Westfield Centre beckons me with open arms.