Welcome to my blog, a little enclave for the stories about my life and family.
I find myself perpetually in awe, transformed, terrified and lost in motherhood. So I write about it...
The beautiful. The ugly. The illness.
Since it's inception, Older Mum in a Muddle has gained wide recognition within the parent and lifestyle blogging community:
- 2012 - 2015, long-listed for the Best MADS Blog Writer.
- Shortlisted as a blog to watch in 2013 by A New Generation.
- Semi-finalist in the Lifestyle category of the Britmums Brilliance in Blogging awards, 2013.
- I read this post to an audience of 500 plus at The Bloggers Keynote, Britmums Live, 2013.
- Short pieces published in 100 Little Words on Parenthood.
- Self-published a small booklet of prose and accidental poetry, Seasons of Motherhood.
- Finalist and WINNER of the Writer Category in the Britmums Brilliance in Blogging Awards (BiBs) 2014.
- For the second year running, I was asked to read another piece at The Bloggers Keynote, Britmums Live, 2014.
I welcome guest editorials, advertising and product reviews on Older Mum; an informative site dedicated to supporting mothers over 35. I also have another blog, Sadie Hanson, dedicated to my writing.