Tuesday 12 February 2013

100 Word Challenge - A Beautiful Day

"And what could you have done? Nothing."

"I just feel...."

"No Char, don't, don't blame yourself."

The paper said suspected suicide. Was it a helping hand instead? A whip of icy air found the base of my hair line.

"So you saw this guy moving towards him?"

"Yeah. He was right there when David disappeared. I just know it."

'It's a Beautiful Day' reverberated around the crematorium walls.

"Oh my goodness!" Charlotte panicked, "I nearly forgot - the funeral."

I led my friend back inside, back to our vacant seats.

Then something caught my eye - two characters set apart from the mourners...


I'm linking up with JB47's 100 Word Challenge. This week's prompt was... Oh my goodness. I nearly forgot...


This is part of a wider story. You can read the other instalments in the series here.



21 comments:

  1. hmmm...to speak out or not, to simply let it go or to ponder it for awhile...the "whip of icy air" sets the chill that follows through the writing...nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. intriguing... I had a go at this one week, never posted it. I found it really difficult to fit everything I wanted to say in the word count. So hats of I know it's not easy to do and you are so very good at it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I think this has been okay for me as I am writing a story, not from scratch every week. X.

      Delete
  3. Ooh... that gave me the chills :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - here's a cocoa to warm you up! :o). X.

      Delete
  4. Very nice and intriguing in mere 100 words. :)

    Would you please take few minutes read my very first short story? please mum
    http://yourstoryclub.com/short-stories-love/romance-short-story-tonight-you-are-mine/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eagerly awaiting the next instalment... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, a chilling account - who are those strangers? I'll be back next week to find out (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a good 'un. Loved the ending. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh ooh, that's spooky. What happens next? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...