Monday 8 October 2012

100 Word Challenge - Homeward Bound

Charlotte returned from her room, the furrows lining her brow the depths of my deceit.

The faded slogan on her blue t-shirt made light relief of the expression she bore...

'I woke with another headache'

"Chrissy, there's ten thousand in my account."

"What?"

"No," Charlotte sat ashen on the sofa, "This can't be from him."

"Who else?"

"Haven't a clue. The sender's anonymous. But why else would Mark ask?"

"Why though? When was the last time you saw David?"

"C' Can't remember. This whole thing's sick. It's my ...."

"Fault? C'mon Char."

"You called David a duplicitous idiot? This connected?"

"No, I meant something else."

Guess truth was homeward bound.


I'm linking up with JB47's 100 Word Challenge. This week's prompt was ... I woke with another headache ...


This is part of a wider story. You can read the other instalments in the series here.



18 comments:

  1. Excellent use of the prompt and another great piece of writing. I want to read more x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that last line. "... homeward bound ..." Time for truth to be revealed? That'll be good. She's been suffering for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I know, this has been going on for too long!

      Delete
  3. Yet more intrigue. The plot just gets deeper. (Wish he'd left her a bit more than 10,000 though...think he was a bit stingy really. He obviously didn't feel that guilty!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's getting too deep. Ha ha ha - I thought 10K was a nice bit of pocket money :o).

      Delete
  4. It's hard enough to fit a solitary piece round the prompt - how you manage an ongoing narrative awes me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - that's very kind! Although I'm now worried about ending I have in mind - not sure it works!

      Delete
  5. Gosh, the intrigue ... the suspense ... what happens?

    ReplyDelete
  6. some suggestion for corrections:

    from: The senders anonymous.
    to: The sender's anonymous.

    from: C'can't remember.
    to: Can't remember.

    from: This whole things sick
    to: This whole thing's sick

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have made corrections to my slap dash grammar :o). (It was meant to be c'can't).

      Delete
  7. ooh interesting!! the plot thickens! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I need to start thinning it a bit! X.

      Delete
  8. Then homeward bound we will go to find the truth.
    Very creative and intriguing piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's time to start tying up the loose ends of this story!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...