Monday 15 October 2012

100 Word Challenge - Sleeping Dogs

It can't be that time...

... Time for truth to reveal its purpose. What good was going to come of this? 

"What did you mean Chrissy?"

"Nothing, just that David was under hand."

Did we need to mine the raw detail, empty the past of painful scraps?  

"How? I want to know."

"I'm not sure."

"C'mon Chrissy," Charlotte's impatience aroused, "Spill."

"It's just that David's eye's wandered."

"To you, you mean? I did notice."  

"What? Why haven't you said anything before?"

"And it's not as if you looked away."

Impatience took flight into righteous indignation. 

"Char, why now?"

"Did you want him?"

Can't sleeping dogs just sleep...


I'm linking up with JB47's 100 Word Challenge. This week's prompt was ... it can't be that time ...


This is part of a wider story. You can read the other instalments in the series here.



21 comments:

  1. I sudden;y thought as I was reading this, that the phrase: Let sleeping dogs lie can be interpreted two ways. Are we getting near the truth yet? The suspense is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly, nearly .... not long to go now! :o).

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's very kind, but a pig will fly first :o).

      Delete
  3. Somehow doesn't seem prudent for this conversation to keep going, but Chrissy must have a specific agenda. I agree that the suspense is thick here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No, not prudent, but prudency is often neglected in situations such as these.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, powerful dialogue here! Well constructed, no loss of place, and expressing so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Glad you thought it expressed a lot!

      Delete
  5. What an excellent piece. More please. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh. Didn't see that coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch out! :o). I'm trying to tie up loose ends now!

      Delete
  7. I am new here, but I can certainly see a tense story before and after here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh the plot thickens!!! great use of the prompt! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you read them all one after the other this is really very very cool! I am amazed how you almost every time fit the prompt in seemless! It'a amazing! Oh, and btw, I love your background too.
    I just started in this challenge, come check me out; www.mindtwists.wordpress.com thnx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karlijin, and for reading all in the installments so far! I really appreciate that, and for liking my background. I'm going to pop over to your blog now :o).

      Delete
    2. Thnx for reading! I am only hoping I can write as inspiring as you every week ;)

      Delete
    3. That's very kind - thank you - I enjoyed your posts too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...